Wednesday, March 11, 2009

26 week appt

Today we had a check up with Dr. Woodall. We talked about a lot of things but some of the most important things were about the two vessel cord, Rh compatibility, and my glucose screen.

I also got to see the L and D room and I am starting Lamaze in April. Fun times are around the corner!

I asked the Dr about his concerns with the umbilical cord (last time we didn't get to talk much because he had to leave and deliver a baby). He said that they did see both kidneys in the ultrasound so they think the kidneys should be fine which is the number one concern with a two vessel cord. Also he said our quad screen was negative which seems funny because I haven't been screened for anything so I need to talk to him about that. It didn't dawn on me till I was home that he had said that and now I am confused! He also said since the baby was smaller then they may have just not been able to see it. If they are unable to find it this next time I will be sent to Spokane to a neonatologist who specializes in ultrasound to take it to the next step. I am sure it wont come to that though.

I also found out today that I am O+ which for the last ten years I have been told I was O-. So that is another thing that makes me wonder. I was told at blood drives and also in college twice when we tested our own blood that I was O- so who knows... I hope they know what they are talking about!

Last but the most horrible is next week I get to go through the glucose screen which will be nasty! I am killing two birds with one stone and doing that and the ultrasound in the same day! Get er done!

This last week and a half has gone by pretty fast we have been busy with the baby's things, room, and birthdays! Dustin's grandpa Fred had a party Sunday and my Grandma Mary had one last night. These pictures are of the family doing what they do best... LAYING around!

Bruiser has found my belly to make a great pillow!





Lounging on the couch: Dustin gets the three furry kids and the small couch, and I get the baby in my belly and the big couch! I think it is pretty fair!


They all get along when they are really tired!


No comments: