Friday, August 17, 2012

Odds and Ends

We have been so busy we haven’t had any time to breath! Here are some updates.

2week check: 8lbs 4oz. and 21 inches long and at 4weeks: 9lbs 7oz still smaller than her sisters birth weight and she is already a month  old! We have a very touchy baby on our hands so it takes a lot out of all three of us. We are dealing with reflux issues which means I watch what I eat, She projectile vomits out her nose and mouth, she has to be upright most of the time, she cries about a half an hour after every feeding kicking and arching her back until its time for the next if she stays awake that long, she retches and gags to the point her lips turn blue, and she hates being confined around the waist which means we have to watch how tight her diaper is, she hates her car seat and we can only swaddle her arms! We are learning a lot with this one just like the first! My poor baby is in pain most of the day and its very upsetting to watch so helplessly. She is a much more cuddly baby than A so that has been nice to get extra cuddles. She is a sweet baby when she isn’t in pain and we love her very much and keep hoping she grows out of this reflux stage fast!!

Addilynn is growing big as well! She talks like a grown up, is still a great helper, and doesn’t show horrible signs of jealousy toward her sister. She is feeling a little left out when I feed or when we have to work so hard to make Paisley comfortable which breaks my heart. The other day Addiliynn made her mommy cry like a baby when she started crying as soon as I put Paisley down running to me saying, “I just miss you mommy!” I feel so bad for having to spend so much time with baby. We try really hard to make special days for Addilynn, but since I’m exclusively breast feeding baby sister always has to come with. I can’t wait for the day when we can take Addilynn on a special outing all by herself! Our goal is to make each of the girls feel special all the time. Let’s see if we can balance!

Here are some pictures that I’ve taken over the last few weeks

 

5 Generation photo and Miss A helping mommy by loading her bike up.This is how we get a lot of items from the back room to the front room with only four hands!

Daddy and A at Matt and Holly’s wedding reception. This was a horrible ride home in the car. It took us two hours to get from Coeur d’ Alene to home that night and we stopped four times on the way. This is the reason we don’t go anywhere!

 

Kenna and A playing at Nanny and Bapa’s river lot. Nanny giving P cuddles.

A at the legion fields and making glow in the dark chalk.

The girls saying goodbye to great great Grandma Harris. We cant wait to see her again next year.

I wanted A to feel like she was part of the feeding process so I let her feed her sister. This was her first time feeding P and she looks like a professional already! 8/3/12

No comments: