Monday, June 15, 2009

Finally have a date!

Today we went into the Dr. and got some good news finally! My cervix is only a fingertip open, but he said that is OK and most women with first babies don't dilate much before they go into labor. He said that it is softening and I have dropped since last week. The baby's head is engaged and he can no longer move it around like he used to so that means my uterus is shrinking down. The best part is that we have a date now. He said if baby isn't here by my appt. on the 22nd then he will start induction on the 23rd. Only one more week at the most. I think I can handle that! My due date is officially tomorrow, but we will see when this child wants it's birthday!

3 comments:

The Compton Family said...

Yay!!! Well keep trying the other stuff too:) just maybe they will work so u dont have to wait a week!

Anonymous said...

Yes! I may be coming home this weekend. If I do I will definately stop by for the afternoon and visit you! I can't believe I'm actually going to meet two new babies.. who would of thought I would have been home in June? I guess Beau knew huh! I hope you are feeling well. We've been talking about you everday and wishing we could hang out together. We will get to sometime with two new little rugrats. Get some rest Mommy!

Love you, Me

Unknown said...

Yeah! You aren't going to be pregnant forever! I can't wait to meet lil one and new mommy! Happy Due Date...now all we need is a baby!