Saturday, December 11, 2010

Getting in the Holiday Spirit

Oh man I am way behind all thanks to a certain blue screen of death that decided to magically appear on our computer screen. It is so nice to finally have it back but now to remember what went on since I last posted!

Lets start with Auntie Jaylee’s last full basketball game of the year. My heart is breaking as I write this because I can only imagine how she feels. The girls did great especially my little sister who to me was the star of the show! She played like an All-Star it was a great game the girls really look like they can play this year. I was so proud of my lil sis! Then Saturday Auntie Jaylee got hurt at her game against Kootenai. We didn’t end up going, but she was injured by a couple of girls pushing her from behind. Come to find out after an agonizing wait Jaylee with be undergoing surgery on the 28th for two torn meniscus and a torn ACL. We are all devastated. She is missing out on so much of her junior year it just isn’t fair. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers and hope for a speedy recovery. They say it takes about six months.

Saturday while all of this was going on. We were at Christmas in St. Maries. It was very entertaining. Addilynn got her picture with Santa which she wasn’t a fan of and we even heard stories about Camber being in hysterics! So both girls didn’t like Santa much this year I wonder what Christmas Eve will be like???? Addilynn, Dustin, and I watched the parade of lights, or should I say Dustin and I did. Addilynn hid her head the entire time. Hmmm I’m beginning to think this child has harsh feelings toward Christmas.

Sunday we went to find a tree and sadly Auntie Jaylee missed her first year. This was the third annual tree hunt/cookie making party! All the hard work was left to Dustin and Auntie P. We looked all over after a sleigh ride through the forest and finally found the perfect tree. Afterward we made cookies and had a blast decorating the tree.

Here are some pictures from the last weeks happenings!

 

dust

 

family

 

Finally got the PERFECT tree! tree 009

 

Making cookies! YUMMY

cookies4

cookies2

 

I think Addilynn ate more raw cookie dough and candy toppings than any 17 month old should!

cookies

cookies5auntie

She even found a candy cane to munch on!

candycane

Auntie helping Addilynn put her first decoration on the tree!

ornament2

Ok Auntie… I can do it myself now!

ornament

No comments: