We had our visit with the ENT on Wednesday and it went surprisingly well. Addilynn was in rare form as usual and started showing her true colors right away by swinging from the toy area and throwing a massive fit when it was time to leave her new found treasures. Of course it is more fun at the Drs. office! We had to wait a long time which was ok for us but didn’t sit well with the princess. She was antsy and getting into anything and everything she could. It was pretty comical. She was doing everything in her power to let them know she was tired of waiting which wasn’t working like she planned! Dr. Gilbert had some great information for us and advised us that tubes would be a good idea for miss Addilynn since she has had so many infections since October. He also said that if we wanted to wait that would be fine too. UGH decisions… for those of you who know me you know that the only thing in life I’ve ever been able to make a decision on are my husband, my career choice, and my want to have a family. All the other decisions I can’t make. Hello everyone my name is Crystal and I am indecisive.
Dr. Gilbert did say that he suspects she has an enlarged adenoid and that her tonsils are large(with visible exudate at that time) but he can’t determine if she needs them out based on her exam. That would mean a scope of some sort and we aren’t ready for that yet. Another statement he made was that her ears looked surprisingly good for how many infections she has had which is a huge relief. On a bad note he had all these questions that we were completely blindsided by. I wish we would have been more prepared. The one that sticks in my mind is if she snores sitting up. I said dumfounded, “ uh no I don’t think so” then what do you know when I was rocking her that night got my answer. YES! He also advised us to see our pediatrician because he believes that she might be dealing with acid reflux. Which would explain her need for sleeping upright. I felt stupid because after all the sweating and stewing Dustin and I never once thought about that we only thought about her ears being a problem.
So as of now Dustin and I have decided to wait on tubes because we are both horrified of surgery no matter how minor it is until she has or if she has another infection. At that time we will schedule the appt. When its good its great and when its bad it is BAD. Dr. Gilbert said he would do the same since she is active, healthy and on the verge of possibly growing out of them. He also said that summer is coming so that is in our favor too! We will see how it goes.
This is what Addilynn does with her stickers she thinks they belong on her face and in her hair! What a goofball. I have been slacking on the 365 blog but hope to get back into it when our computer is working properly.
We are looking forward to our visit with Kevin and Amy this weekend and can’t wait to see our family from North Dakota! Life is good!