This is the look of terror! Lets just say Addilynn wasn’t a fan of any thing but the lights on the cruise.
I thought it would be so much fun for Addilynn to see all the lights, but I didn’t realize she would have such a fear of all the other Christmas characters that came along with it. The night started off by her being paranoid by people walking behind us. “hurry dada those people are following us. They're too close dad hurry!” I really hope my people anxiety isn’t rubbing off on her. Then, after we got our tickets of course a Christmas moose greets us at the boat line. “Crystal, you should have known,” I tell myself at this point. Then the panic sets in. It’s not like a normal panic its like hyperventilate panic and real tears panic. “I don’t want to see the moose! I don’t want to see the moose!” She did fine when she got to hide her head and get carried to the boat. I was picturing what the rest of the night would be like in my head at this point since I had been on the cruise before and remembered Santa would be there later in the night. Well to make this a shorter story, she LOVED the lights, hated Santa, and really hated that the moose followed US back up the board walk. Come on people if you are dressed up and you see a little girl freaking out stop waving to her and definitely DON”T follow her. Everyone around us could see the panic and were even laughing at it. Laughing? yes I’m not sure why. I knew the aftermath wasn’t going to be good since our daughter struggles with night terrors. Poor baby girl! Then the night got funny…
After the cruise we went to dinner with Trask, Kelly, her sister Kate, and Kate’s son Fin. There was a magician there who was actually really good. He did the classic coin in the ear trick to the kids and Addilynn didn’t think that was funny. Pretty soon she started digging in her ears then her hands covered them and she didn’t take them off until he was gone. This guy was NOT getting anymore money from her! Later we asked her if she had any more money in her ears. Her response, “ I DO NOT have money in my ears.” Then we asked her if she had any dirt in her ears. “I DO NOT have dirt and I DO NOT have money in my ears.” she didn’t think it was funny, but everyone else got a kick out of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment