Let me just start by saying I FAIL at the 31 for 21 challenge. I should have known better!
This last weekend may have been the end of our camping season. Our camper isn’t home yet so there is a chance we may get to stay once more, but it isn’t likely since our weekends are booked clean into November! I thought this picture was fitting because she is all alone at the fire. Usually there would be two campers in the background but as you can see there is no one! I even had her chair so close to being put away and she insisted she drag it out one last time for her final “fake'” fire. She doesn’t want to say goodbye just as much as her mommy and daddy. Here are some pictures from our last full weekend of camping.
Addilynn was pretending to chop wood like her daddy! She had a roasting stick and was hitting it on the wood. It was so cold and wet it took forever to get the fire going. The other pictures are from an unsuspected walk we took to find our wondering Chihuahua. If I would have known it was going to be a perfect opportunity for a photo shoot I would have dressed her a little nicer and fixer her hair. The fall colors were amazing! Addilynn had to stop a couple times and yell for Bruiser.
Addilynn was working on her posing skills. These were the two poses she gave me when I told her to “Strike a pose.” At first she looked at me funny then I had to show her what striking a pose was. Oh to be a bug on a tree that day! She has the head tilt down, but we are working on the famous “Michelle” pose! I obviously don’t demonstrate it very well. We are going to have to ask Michelle for some help on this one.
We had a great weekend together. We got to go on a couple grouse hunts, sit by uncle Greg’s fire, have a dance party in the wall tent (Addilynn even sweet talked Greg into dancing with her), play games in the warm camper, listen to obnoxious kids riding through our camp, count numerous out of state campers coming in to hunt, visit great grandparents, and hang out just the three of us enjoying the crisp fall air. We are very sad it is ending but are very grateful we got to spend as much time in the woods as we did. We definitely put our camper to good use this year!
Waiting for the fire to start going and playing in the camper trying to stay warm! Addilynn is sure going to miss all of her toys in her very own room. By next year she will have out grown them which is so sad for me to think about.
Addilynn giving me some attitude. I’m pretty sure she was sick of me taking pictures by this point. It isn’t the first glare and I know it wont be the last.
No comments:
Post a Comment